Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Friday, March 8, 2013

YABBC Under the Never Sky

This month I'm joining Alise @ Readers In Wonderland on the YA Blogger Book Club (YABBC) for Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.

Each month we choose a book, every week there is a discussion where we answer questions and talk about what we thought about the chapters read.

Since the discussions include spoilers of the chapters read, I'll include all my thoughts so far on the book. My blog is spoiler free except for the Read A Longs and Book club discussions.
Continue at your own risk, spoilers ahead

First I'll write a little about what I thought of the chapters read this week and then I'll answer the questions.

Next week's discussion is for chapters 11-20 on Mar 14

I don't know why I'm not really into the book yet, I mean I do think it's interesting the world Veronica Rossi has created for this book. It's me because I'm also reading Flash and I am so confused. I don't know the characters that well yet (on either book) and I keep forgetting things about what I just read. I'm not really focusing on my reading, I have to get back on schedule, now I feel like I'm not getting as much done as I was last month. I hope this gets better the next couple of days.

Discussion

1. Why do you think The Realms exist? Could it be possible that the Consul might be trying to distract the people?
This reminded me of Wall-E. Yeah, I do think they are distracting them from something important, though I'm still not sure why. Especially when she kept saying everything was gray and dull so they wouldn't pay attention to anything but the realms.

2. If Talon was never taken, do you think Perry would have ultimately challenged Vale for the Blood Lord position?
I think he's different from the others, he's probably a nice person and regretted killing the boy. I don't think he would have done that, he was talking about leaving until that happened.

3. We read the first mention of a character named Roar, Perry's best friend. Why do you think Roar isn't in the story yet?
I'm a little confused, I don't know why. If I read correctly, could it be that something happened to him? He's not with them anymore.

4. Why do you think the Savages have powers of the Senses but the Dwellers do not? Which of the Senses would you want to have the most?
I'm not really sure if they're all normal humans but if they're not aliens or something like that, maybe because they've been exposed to so many things on the outside world. I think it'd be cool to have both senses like Perry, though I think there's very little privacy with all the senses around.

5. Is Vale really doing the best for his tribe or he is just being stubborn? Do you think he is a good leader?
I think he just wants power and believes everything he does or says it's the right thing, thus I don't think he's a good leader. I'll vote for Perry to be the new leader.

6. Why do you think the Dwellers took Talon?
I have no idea, I was shocked to see they knew Perry had taken Aria's eye. I really believed they didn't know any outsiders.

7. Aria's situation seems hopeless, do you think she was being too gullible when Consul Hess let her off and told her she was going to visit her mother?
Yeah, I totally sensed something wasn't right lol. She should have known they weren't being nice, but maybe that's how everyone is because they live in the realms, I'm sure they control everything.

8. If you were Aria, what would your next goal be?
I don't even know if she'll be able to survive, I mean I'm sure they wont kill her, it is half her story lol, but I don't know if she'll find some sort of shelter in time. I'll probably try to look for help, find outsiders and eventually find a way to go look for her mother.

9. Chapter Ten ends with Perry going off on his own, where do you think he will first go?
Back to A6, he already knows how to get in, it'll be easier to find Talon once inside.

10. Perry says he will only consider a relationship with a Scire, someone who has the same Sense as him. Do you think this will change as the novel goes on and Perry further distances himself from the Tides?
At first I figured he'd end up with Brooke but now I think he'll end up liking Aria.

11. Is Vale a coward for not wanting to go after his son? Why do you think Perry went instead of Vale?
It's weird how he gave up so fast, did he feel it was easier for him to see him go that way instead of waiting for the sickness to take him. We can see that Perry loves his nephew and they have a very special relationship, it looks like Talon feels the same way, I'm sure he wouldn't let them take him without fighting.

12. Do you like Aria's character and respect the decisions she made?
I'm still not sure what I think of her, what would I have done in her place? I don't know.

13. Considering what we know now, would you rather be in Perry's situation, or Aria's?
Perry's, he knows how to survive on the outside and I'm sure he knows how to defend himself and he'll give everything for his nephew. Aria's situation is worse, she has never done anything in her life, she probably thought she was going to be dead in five seconds out on the Death Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.