Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Houston Bookrave!

Let's see how hard it is to write this post from my Nook. I'm hoping it wont take me a long time.

I just found out about Houston Bookrave and I'm excited because it's closer to home, so a couple hours drive I can handle. I still have to see if I can make it, it's still very early but I'll try my best.

There will be many YA, New Adult and Adult authors in Houston but since I read mostly YA, I'll talk about them. The list is not final yet

Since I have less than a year reading and hearing about books before they become movies, I don't know many authors and books yet. I went through the list but I have not read any of the authors attending yet. I've heard about some, many have books published and some are releasing them this year.
Have you read any of this books? Which one did you like best and would recommend reading before Nov. Oh yeah, the event will take place Nov 2, 2013. It'd be great if I could read all of them by then but I'm a slow reader.

Goodreads is not working right now so I can't link the books

Jennifer L. Armentrout

Okay, she is one of the few I've heard about. I've heard great things about the Lux series and I can't wait to read it. I've also heard about Apollyon, though I don't know much about it. These books are definitely on my list to read before Nov.

Jennifer Archer

I've also heard about the Shadow Girl.

Victoria Scott

I downloaded her book The Collector but I still haven't read it. I liked what I saw about it, so I'll read it before Nov. The other authors I don't know much about their books but since it's getting harder to write this long post here, I'll mention their books only.

Jessica Souders - Renegade
Trinity Faegen - The Mephisto Covenant
Kelsey Sutton - Some Quiet Place
PJ Hoover - Solstice
Laura Ellen - Blind Spot
Crissa-Jean Chappell - Narc
C.C. Hunter - Shadow Falls series: Born at Midnight, Awake at Dawn, Taken at Dusk, Whispers at Moonrise, Chosen at Nightfall (Apr 23 release)
Belle Whittington - Cicada
Michelle Picket - PODs June 4 release
Joy Preble - Dreaming Anastasia and Sweet Dead Life Series
JL Spelbring - Perfection May 7 release
Rachel Harris - My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
Rebecca Maizel - Stolen Nights

They've also announced New Adult and Adult authors attending soo far, they also say many more authors to come, so we'll have to wait and see. You can check the event on the official page.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you have so much time to prepare. I haven't read any of those books except the Lux series, which I'm behind on. You'll like Katy...total book blogger. She's the one who exposed this world to me. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great event! And you're lucky you can just drive and not have to worry about flying.

    I just read The Collector, and I really enjoyed it. I'd love to meet Victoria Scott. She seems so funny on Twitter, and her book had a lot of humor in it, so I imagine she'd be great in person.

    I still haven't read anything by Jennifer Armentrout, but I've heard great things about her books. Renegade, Solstice, and Some Quiet Place are also on my TBR.

    Get reading! :)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jennifer Armentrout and The Lux Series. I just got The Collector as well and am really looking forward to that one. I have read The Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter and thought that one was great as well! I haven't heard of the other ones. I hope you enjoy them and get to go! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, Sounds like a great collection there. Do hope you get to go and enjoy it! You'll have to share about it here afterward. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.